Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The joys of Blogging....

 I started writing a blog about three weeks ago. I am glad to finally, have a  "writing routine." It can be all consuming and all encompassing and your brain can feel like a live electric wire, which cannot be switched off.


Besides, I now view my laptop as my companion, I log into Facebook almost daily, it can get to a point, when I have to force myself to retreat by staying away from my new buddies Gmail, Texting, Facebook and Blogging.

My morning walks have been replaced by morning blogs; as a result, my body is happily stretching in all possible directions. My family is relieved to see any food at all and they don't mind repeats anymore. My spice blends have all but vanished with no sign of replenishment in the near future. The organization of stuff in the pantry and the cabinets will simply have to wait, as piles of laundry lie patiently waiting their turn, while I write and think of presenting it in a lucrative way.

Oh! Marketing, presentation, pictures, personalization and networking have become a necessity, with so many other available distractions, information and a need for instant gratification. It is akin to standing in a crowd and finding a way to get prominence, to get noticed or to get any attention at all. It is hard for people, who revel in their anonymity, enjoy sitting in obscure corners of bookstores and coffee shops. Stepping out of my comfort zone and talking about my personal experience and thoughts in public has been a huge leap for me. Although, I still struggle with question like, is this too personal? Or should I mention the name of my family and friends? I still find the networking aspect of blogging difficult.

However, I do need to remember, I started blogging because I enjoy writing. I have a routine now and my goal is to write 100 posts before I check myself into a writing course or a workshop and Yes! My family has taken care of the laundry pile.... Everything else...including the spice blends and the messy cabinets can wait!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Well said Ish - you have summed up the blogging experience perfectly!

ishmusings.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Susan! maybe we should check out a blogging retreat.:)

Arti said...

Hi Ish.I am taking the liberty of sharing this post of mine with you as it reflects what you've said about blogging like a mirror:http://artismoments.blogspot.com/2013/08/help-i-am-turning-into-blog-monster.html
It's good to find a kindered spirit. xx

ishmusings.blogspot.com said...

I am watching the video on your blog ... beautiful! I can totally relate to her she is simply brilliant!