Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blogger or Wordpress...Musings or Cooking?


Foolishly joyous


Choices...Choices....Choices.. in the world of Blogging. Now Blogger is perhaps the easiest, you can have your blog up and running in half an hour. Wordpress is a little more involved, requires a little more learning, little more patience but the results are worth it.



 It just felt like having a website on Wordpress would be better because it gives you more choice. It will be a while before it will be completely ready, but working on it has been fun. So, as www.cookingwithish.com is limping along, I  felt I needed to put pictures.... so I had my friend Michelle, come in for a picture session.

Now, pictures are everywhere on the net in albums, on Facebook, Pinterest, Gmail + etc etc. People look pleased, almost like models or atleast like a model wanna be, but not me. Picture sessions have been torturous for me and the results have been just as painful. A stony faced look or the shut eye look or the bored look, sadly the range of insipid expressions is on the rise.

Surprisingly, my cooking and photo session with Michelle went well. We laughed a lot, perhaps a little too much. My high schooler was tickled to see a picture of me chopping cauliflowers looking deliriously joyous. Maybe it is ok to look a little foolishly happy rather than mournful, each seems to get more pronounced with time. And with time, one realizes it is only a picture not the end of the world.

As always, I have trouble with the profile page that forces you to ponder on soul searching questions like  Who am I? Why am I here? What is my blog about?
Well, at least I can now can say what my blog Musings of a write... wanna be? is about. It may not be soley about cooking or cleaning but it is about making Connections with people and life. It can be a light hearted take, nostalgic, philosophic, historic or all of it while my path meanders through memories, nature,travel, childhood, food or just another roadblock. As for the existential questions Who am I? Why am I here? Would anybody like to answer them?




4 comments:

Michelle said...

There is no such thing as too much laughter my friend; it only made the dish taste all the better!

ishmusings.blogspot.com said...

Point taken :)

Susan said...

Both photos are wonderful - as is your theme of "connections"!

ishmusings.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Susan!