Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Attitude Idaho

Attitude Idaho, now I am not sure if Sarah has written a book with that title or not but I saw it. It was in a room full of people eating do-nuts and browsing books. I am looking in astonishment through my little rat hole, as I stand there unnoticed wondering what is going on, it doesn’t even look like Sarah’s house.
 

Yeah! I met her yesterday and she mentioned having a “House cleaning party!” at her house. I was little more than just surprised, and the words remained stuck in throat, “ Do you think people actually love cleaning houses?”,  as she went on to say that her house needed cleaning as she had guests coming over. She needed to make sure her house would be clean.
 
A tad out of dutifulness of being her friend and a tad out of curiosity, I decide to join in on this excursion of cleaning! What would I clean? I must say, I am not too proud of my house-cleaning skills, they are at best mediocre, I think! Anyways, what would I clean, I go over in my mind and I think windows! Yes… windows are easy! I can do them…but not Sarah’s windows they are huge the size of a whole wall almost!
 
So, I reach her house, it is bustling with activity, people scurrying around in merriment laughing loudly, eating and talking, it feels like a party of sorts. People are actually having a good time. I walk into the basement, it seems huge and never-ending, but of course I have never really investigated her basement before.
 
There are rows and rows of books, as people are dusting them, and opening them and reading them. There are some books that look like personal diaries to me, but they are being opened and read out aloud with aplomb. Am I in the wrong house? Where is Sarah? No-where in sight. There is Melissa browsing over books. Now I really feel the need to be invisible. Need I say, she loves reading books and also does an excellent job of ensuring that my house looks as good as it does.
 
That’s about when a guy wearing round glasses and a huge white apron in the front springs into action as he picks up this spiral bound notebook and exclaims, “Look at this one, it says “Attitude Idaho”, and he opens a random page and proceeds to read it.  ‘She was putting flowers in the vase, when she heard her phone ring. It was Tracy from Idaho! As she debated on whether  to pick up the phone or not there was a knock at the door. 
 
I go over in my mind Idaho! When did Sarah live in Idaho? She is an avid reader and an awesome writer. Her writing is very precise and to the point. I have always enjoyed her writings, but I never realized that she had written so many books. Well! Her admirers evidently knew more about her then I did!  Then I start going over the book titles I could potentially have – “Icy-warmth of Crosby”, “On Wheels in the Carolinas“ and “Marathons in Michigan…of the literary sort.” My first one would be "Trail-Traipsing around San francisco",  better get started on that, before I change my mind!
 

No comments: