Friday, October 10, 2014

Fall - Savoring the journey






On the way to Bozeman



There is something about the Fall season, that makes me feel nostalgic, the cool crispness in the air, and haunting lyrics of “Forever Autumn” by Moody Blues, playing at the back of my mind,

“ The summer sun is fading as the year grows old, darker days are drawing near.” This year, it hasn't felt, that much like Fall as yet, with the days enveloped in sunshine and warmth, even though the mornings have been cool and crisp.

Today, on my way to Bozeman, I drove slower than usual to savor the journey; I saw trees with fading leaves clustered around a pond. It was beautiful, a scene out of a picture book, with a little red bridge across the water giving it the perfect finished look. I stopped to take in the beauty, what joy it was to see leaves falling from the tree onto the pond, floating on the tranquil waters, and trying to carve their own little paths on the water. The peace and the quiet of the surroundings, made me feel like I was in the middle of a forest tucked faraway from the highway.


The little red bridge


Often times, in a rush to get to the destination, the journey is forgotten or neglected. If only we can find it in ourselves to slow down and savor the journey…

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good for you for stopping! Our fall colors have been so beautiful, and I have enjoyed the scenery so much on numerous car trips - but usually going by in a blur at 70 mph!

ishmusings.blogspot.com said...

walking, touching, feeling just make it all wothwhile....